Some sketches from last night.

There was some pretty good seeing conditions last night, so I took my dob out for a few hours until things started to get uncomfortably dewy.

Oh by the way i bought a toy telescope (70mm f/10, optically it's decent but not great--the Galileoscope is sharper despite a smaller aperture) to mess with. was this a mistake? maybe. I hate the mount, but I didn't expect it to be good anyway. Maybe I'll build a "Kid Peek" style mount. But I've never built anything like that and i'm a little intimidated. When I bought the Omni XLT 150 optical tube off craigslist my intention was to build a dob base, but I'm not sure if I ever could have.

I bought it so i could have a refractor to try solar projection with that i didn't care about ruining, and so i could have more experience with small telescopes to be better at helping new astronomers with these telescopes. (I don't want to ruin the Galileoscope, which i really really like)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beginner's Guide to (Budget) Eyepieces

Why You Should Build an Aperture Mask for your Celestron FirstScope.

Tube Rings for the Orion SkyScanner